Power Flour Chai Cookies – Gluten-free, Paleo, and VeganTraditional Chinese Medicinal Properties: Warming thermal nature, promotes yin fluids, tonifies and warms spleen and stomach. Prep time: 10 minutes Cook time: 10 minutes Total time: 20 minutes Yield: 18 cookies Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, liquid
- 1 & 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/4 cups almond flour
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 cup Power Flour Chai
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a large bowl, mix together the coconut oil, vanilla extract, almond extract, and maple syrup.
- Add the almond flour, sifted coconut flour, salt and baking soda and stir until well combined.
- If the mixture isn’t firm enough to roll into balls, refrigerate the dough for about 30 minutes or until firm.
- Line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- Roll the dough into 18 1″ balls and place 2″ apart on the prepared baking sheet.
- Bake the cookies for 10 minutes or until the edges just start to turn brown.
- Let the cookies cool for 5 minutes and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cover and store for up to one week at room temperature.
These are the best cookies.
They’re the best for multiple reasons. First and foremost, they are SO easy to make: just 8 ingredients, you only need one bowl, and they can be easily mixed with a spoon. Second, the taste: Gluten-free, Vegan, and Paleo probably sounds like a nightmare to some people but these are so good you would never know. ( I know that’s a common claim for recipes with these qualifiers but in this case it’s completely true.) And third, these cookies are not heavy, none of the ingredients are highly processed, and they are much, much higher in beneficial nutrients than your average cookie. Power Flour Chai has ingredients traditionally used to increase to energy and stamina. Almonds have been traditionally used for the same purpose. Give these a try and you’ll never look back!
Enjoy! -Chef Kelly